The purpose of the Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarship Program is to award scholarships to U.S. citizen students attending accredited baccalaureate or graduate nursing or anesthesia nursing programs.
The 2014 scholarships will be awarded in memory of U.S. Army First Lieutenant Jennifer Moreno, Army Nurse Corps. On 6 October 2013, 1LT Moreno was killed in action while deployed with a U.S. Army Special Operations Cultural Support Team in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. Having died while on the promotion list, she was posthumously promoted to Captain. CPT Moreno was a native of San Diego, California and received her bachelor of science degree from the University of San Francisco. CPT Moreno completed the Army Airborne Course in 2009 and the Army Medical Department Basic Course in 2010 before serving as a medical surgical nurse at Madigan Army Medical Center. ANCA salutes Captain Moreno for her patriotic service and sacrifice for her country.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2014 Scholarships has passed. Applications which were received by the deadline will be reviewed by the ANCA Education Committee. Selected students will be notified within a few weeks thereafter.
- Students currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate or advanced degree nursing or nurse anesthesia program who:
- Are serving or have previously served in any branch, and at any rank, of a component of the US Army (Active Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserve);
- Are not currently receiving funding by a component of the US Army, (e.g., scholarship ROTC students and students receiving full GI Bill benefits are not eligible); and,
- As applicable, have received an Honorable Discharge.
- Nursing or anesthesia students whose parent(s) or spouse is serving or has served in a component of the US Army.
For information and application procedures regarding the ANCA scholarship program for 2015, check back on this page later this summer.
The Army Nurse Corps Association does not have an official relationship with the US Army, the Army Nurse Corps or the Reserve Officer Training Corps. Accordingly there is no military service obligation for the student receiving this scholarship. You may contact us via our Contact Us page (Department Routing: Scholarships) or write to
ANCA Scholarship Program
PO Box 458
Lisbon, MD 21765-0458.